top of page
cis tax returns background

Armed Forces Tax Rebates

Claim Your Military Tax Refunds Online

Discover if you’re eligible for an Armed Forces tax refund, with the average payout over 4 years reaching £8,000. Check for free in less than one minute if you are due a refund following out "Claim Now" button below. Both serving and former military personnel can reclaim tax for travel and mileage expenses from the last four years, including for postings lasting less than 24 months.

Try our free, online tax refund calculator to get a estimate of your tax refund and get started with your tax rebate claim today.

Claim your tax refund now before it's too late. Don't wait, get your money back from HMRC. Calculate your potential tax rebate today to see if you're due a refund.

Armed Forced Tax Rebates

How to Claim Tax Rebates Online

Claim your Armed Forces Tax Refunds online by answering some simple questions on our "Start Your Tax Rebate" page, our expert Tax Rebate Accountants can then assess your eligibility for a Tax Refund and you can determine much you're owed back. We operate on a no win, no fee, so it costs you nothing to enquire with us. 

Our form is designed to guide you through every step, ensuring you provide all the necessary details to process your claim efficiently. If you prefer a more personal touch, feel free to call or email us on: 01913410142


If you haven't received a P800 tax calculation from HMRC, you'll need to file a tax rebate claim to get your money back.


Here's how to Claim your Tax Back Online with Ultra Tax Ltd:

Fill in Our Tax Rebate Application

Use our simple application form to make a start on your Tax Rebate claim.

Tax Rebate Expert Appointed

Once you have completed your application, a Tax Rebate expert will be notified and begin working on your claim.

Tax Refund Received

We prepare your Tax Rebate claim and send it to you for approval. It is then filed with HMRC, then you will receive your Tax Refund.


Travel Costs

When on temporary courses, or assigned to a base for 24 months or less.

Food Allowance

When on courses, or whilst at assignments that are 24 months or less.

Uniform Costs

Such as Mess Dress.

What Do I Need for an Armed Forces Tax Rebate?

Claiming MOD tax refunds is straightforward and stress-free with Ultra Tax Ltd. Our specialist teams, expert in Armed Forces finances and travel claims, handle all the intricacies of getting your refunds efficiently.

Essential Paperwork for Your Armed Forces Tax Rebate:

  • Assignment History: Provide a list of bases you have been stationed at. Copies of your assignment orders, which you can obtain from JPA (note they are deleted after 60 days), are particularly useful.

  • Payslips: Gather your monthly payslips; if some are missing, you can retrieve them from the JPAC website.

  • Supporting Documents: Include any receipts for Mess Dress, MOT certificates for vehicle claims, and your annual P60s and P45s. If you’re missing some items, don’t worry—Ultra Tax Ltd can proceed without complete paperwork and help track down necessary details.

  • Identification and Address Proof: A passport or driving licence for ID, and a utility bill for proof of address.

  • Additional Financial Information: We'll ask a few questions about other aspects of your financial situation, such as other income sources, student loan payments, or private pension contributions. Details about your accommodation are also crucial as they can affect your rebate.

How Long Does an Armed Forces Tax Refund Take?

Processing a military tax refund with HMRC typically takes between 8-10 weeks. At Ultra Tax Ltd, we have dedicated teams of military claims specialists committed to ensuring you receive the maximum possible refund promptly. The quicker you provide us with the necessary information, the sooner you can receive the tax rebate you're owed. Start your claim today and let Ultra Tax Ltd expedite your military tax refund efficiently and effectively.

Military Tax Rebates

No Rebate, No Fee - No Win, No Fee Tax Rebate

Ultra Tax Ltd operates on a "no rebate, no fee" basis. We charge a transparent, flat fee, meaning you won’t pay anything unless you receive a refund.

Fair Pricing:


Know upfront what you'll pay. Our fee is capped at £250, we don't take a large percentage out of your tax rebate for ourselves like most other firms, we want you to receive the most tax back as possible whilst receiving a professional service from experienced accountants. We charge a small fee in comparision with other rebate providers.


Guaranteed Satisfaction:


Our fee structure aligns our success with yours as we ensure you get the most out of your tax rebate, while we make a small amount per client. You can read our client reviews via our website or directly on Google, we are rated 5 star throughout and ensure you will receive the same service as every other client.


Extra Cash for You and Your Mates:
£50 Referral Bonus for Tax Rebate Referrals

Help your friends secure their yearly tax refunds and earn extra cash for yourself with Ultra Tax Ltd!

We appreciate it when satisfied clients spread the word about our tax rebate services. That's why we're offering generous cash rewards through our referral program.

£50 Reward:

Receive £50 for each friend you refer (T&Cs apply) who successfully claims their tax refund with Ultra Tax Ltd. This is uncapped and you can refer as many clients to us as you wish, and will always receive £50 per successful client sent our way. It's our way of saying thank you for spreading awareness about our award winning tax rebate services.

​To get started, simply share your friend's details through our Refer a Friend form. We'll reach out to let them know that you believe they might qualify for a refund, and our expert team will guide them through the process.

Earn rewards, help your friends, and spread the word about Ultra Tax Ltd’s hassle-free tax rebate services!

Can Reservists and Territorial Army Personnel Claim Tax Refunds?

According to HMRC rules, tax refunds for travel require you to be traveling to temporary workplaces to qualify. Reservists and Territorial Army personnel often serve primarily at a single location, which generally does not qualify for these tax rebates.

However, each situation is unique, and you may still be eligible for a tax rebate depending on your specific circumstances.


Unsure about your eligibility? Ultra Tax Ltd is here to help without any initial cost to you. Discover if you have a valid claim by answering our straightforward questions it takes less than a minute and could potentially recover thousands of pounds from up to four years of military service.

Learn whether you need to complete a Tax Rebate or if you can benefit from Flat Rate Expenses on our Tax Rebates page. Start your journey towards an Armed Forces tax rebate today.


Fill In Our Form

Please take a minute of your time to fill in the application form. It is extremely simple and provides us with some of the necessary information for your Self-Assessment Tax Return

Accountant Appointed

Your application will be submitted to one of our expert Tax Accountants in Sunderland who will deal with your Tax Return from start to finish. This will be your dedicated Accountant, at hand to answer any questions you may have.

Tax Return Filing

Once your Tax Return is finalised by your dedicated Accountant here at Ultra Tax Ltd, it is then sent to you for approval. Upon approval, we submit this to HMRC for you on your behalf! Start Your Tax Return Today!

bottom of page